Wednesday, February 25, 2015
"Loser two-penny, or Chump-change?"
I'm sorry it has been so long since I have posted but, let's be honest here, Pledge Week, Follies and attempting to dance had pretty much taken up all of my evenings, with class-work of course. (Ahem, ahem.)
This evening Apartment W-7A spent the time lazing around the living room pretending to be productive while discussing a many sundry of things.
This evening's profound theological discussions included the idea of common law, the Notebook, dreams, and strange colloquial phrases. Apparently there is a misconception with the idea of common law. I had always thought that if a couple was together for about seven years then by law they were considered "legally together." However, apparently if two adults considered themselves "married" or "together" then they are considered "married" regardless of the span of time they have been together.
Before the debate on common law, I was watching The Notebook, because yes, I am a girl and I do enjoy a ridiculous tragic romance from time-to-time. Keaton, Taylor's boyfriend, has never seen this movie and found it very confusing. But that's okay, because I still enjoyed it regardless of his confusion or Chealsie and Taylor's cynical commentary.
Then of course we discussed our dreams and how they are just all-around strange and make absolutely no sense, but eh, oh well. Sudden-death dreams, random handsome men dreams, and something to do with musicals.
I think discussing the colloquial phrase "Chump-Change" was definitely the most interesting thing we talked about for sure. Apparently, I am the only one on this planet who uses that phrase and had to explain it to everyone. But as I was explaining it, the phrase somehow turned into "loser two-penny." How this happened, I have no earthly idea.
Our resident art major, Ali decided to fling old pastries against the wall to test their adhesiveness. A good, scholastic, experiment of course.
Keaton and I had a good comic/superhero movie discussion. (I like that kid Taylor, you should keep him.) We both agree that Emma Stone should stay forever as a red-head and just play MJ.
What was the point of this strange blog post? I do not really know but hey, it just seemed like something to talk about.
Have a wonderful morning, afternoon, evening, or just whatever time you are reading this. God Bless :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment